All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team who are now based at
- Centre for Health & Care
- 18 Plean Street, G14 0YJ
- Tel Number 0141 207 9531
- Contraceptive services.
- Maternity services in the ante natal and post natal period, together with the midwives from the Queen Mother’s Hospital.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. (Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details).
- Cervical smears .
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions.
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and those at risk.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease.
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist.
- Annual comprehensive review of patients who have had a stroke.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.
- Insertion of IUCDs for contraception
- Breast screening
- All eligible women age 50-70 registered with this practice will shortly be invited for breast screening (mammogram).You will receive your appointment letter through the post inviting you to Stock Exchange Court,Nelson Mandela Place, Glasgow G2 1QT.
- If the appointment is unsuitable,please call the centre to change it on 0141 800 8800 or Text phone 0141 800 8858. Women who are 71 and over can also request an appointment by contacting the above number.
- Breast screening every 3 years is the best way to detect breast cancer early , when treatment is most lokely to be effective.
- For further information visit the website: Screening Scotland NHS inform.
- Your pharmacy may be able to help with
- Mild skin conditions such as acne,eczema,psoriasis,impetigo,athlete's foot.
- Coughs and colds,including blocked nose (nasal congestion)and sore throats.
- Bruises,sunburn and minor burns and scolds.
- Constipation and piles(haemorrhoids).
- Hay fever,dry eyes and allergies(including rashes,bites and stings).
- Aches and pains,including earache,headache,toothache,migraine and back pain.
- Vomiting,heartburn,indigestion,diarrhoea and threadworms.
- Period pain,thrush and cystitis.
- Head lice (nits).
- Conjuctivitis,coldsores and mouth ulcers.
- Warts and verrucas.
- Nappy rash and teething.