All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team who are now based at
- Centre for Health & Care
- 18 Plean Street, G14 0YJ
- Tel Number 0141 207 9531
- Contraceptive services.
- Maternity services in the ante natal and post natal period, together with the midwives from the Queen Mother’s Hospital.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. (Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details).
- Cervical smears .
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions.
We also hold contracts with GGNHSB for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and those at risk.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease.
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist.
- Annual comprehensive review of patients who have had a stroke.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.
- Insertion of IUCDs for contraception